Ever since I launched Atlas Insights, I’ve been asked “why are you doing this again?” A little history. In the 2008, I created a mobile business intelligence product that was first available on Windows CE and Blackberry and then moved it to iPhone and Android. We sold our product to some great companies and enjoy our limited success until that business was acquired by a major software company.
After leaving that company, I decided to dabble in doing data visualizations in VR/AR which was pretty amazing, but basically there is no one out there buying VR software, so I parked that IP for now. When I was doing some training being a developer again, I decided to test some decisions we made in my past mobilebi software whether they were right or wrong. I found some interesting answers going through that process. Then I wanted to rethink how software companies SHOULD be developed and sold over the next 5 years.
Atlas Insights is a completely different company/app from what I’ve created in the past.
- I decided to re-think how a software business should be built and run for the next 5 to 10 years. Basically, I threw out all the ways we have learned in our business and MBA classes and started-a-new.
- I wanted to build the solution in 6 months instead of 2 years.
- I wanted to build the app myself. I did hire a part-time person to help me with the web services api, but this app was basically all designed and developed by me.
- This app is available for iOS, Android, Windows, Web and OSX so that all platforms are covered. So, no matter what experience you are looking for, we have it covered on your favorite device.
- I wanted to mix your private business data with public metrics sources too. Public metrics have an effect on your business and it is important to have those metrics available wherever you are.
- At-Scale. The power of the cloud allows me to be global with very little effort.
- I wanted it to sell itself. With the power of social media and your network, you should be able to generate a good customer base.
- Love those customers closely. I listen and help as much as I can because those customers are the BEST sales people.
- Manage the costs so low that a mobile business intelligence product costs dollars a month and not thousands.
- I wanted to do it better based on my decisions in the past.
Can you really build a large business just yourself? That is basically what I am doing today. No, I didn’t have to raise millions of dollars. No, I didn’t have to hire 20 developers. No, I didn’t have to hire a fleet of sales people. No, I don’t have a team of marketing professionals. No, I didn’t have to spend thousands and thousands on hardware and software to get going.
I did this!
Visit http://AtlasBI.com and see the results yourself.