I was using Google Earth the other day to see the earthquake activity around the world. When you zoom into Japan I was amazed to see the activity off the east coast. I read the other day that over 245 earthquakes in just 3 or 4 days. That is crazy. The visualization really puts it into perspective the size of the issues facing Japan.
- The color of the bubble represent when the earthquake occurred.
- The size of the bubble represents the size of the earthquake.
- The ridges you see under water is the pacific ring of fire ridge.
- Shortly, I’ll have a Excel PowerPivot that will allow you to drill into the earthquake activity so you can have some other insights into the tragedy.
- Source: http://earthquake.usgs.gov/
Our prayers go out to all the people in Japan.