Planning, Budgeting, and Forecasting with Office PerformancePoint Server 2007
Effective planning, forecasting, and budgeting are essential to business success. But too often many organizations view planning and budgeting as a once-a-year financial process. Business users often spend more time collecting and validating data than analyzing and planning. Office PerformancePoint Server 2007 makes planning, budgeting, and forecasting part of a dynamic, ongoing performance management process.
Built on the stability, enhanced security, and scalability of the Microsoft SQL Server Business Intelligence platform, Office PerformancePoint Server 2007 enables business users to interact with and continuously contribute to business planning, budgeting, and forecasting in real time”all through the familiar and easy-to-use Microsoft Office environment. The Business Modeler simplifies business modeling by guiding users through the modeling process so they can test multiple approaches and view a variety of possible outcomes. Office PerformancePoint Server 2007 simplifies business modeling.
Office PerformancePoint Server 2007 provides a range of planning benefits, including:
- Drives consistency throughout the performance management process. Server-side business rules and real-time calculations scale to support a wide range of users with consistent processes and data, and simplify the consolidation of multiple budgets into corporate rollup. Data entry forms, workflow, submissions, approvals, templates, and other forms streamline the planning, budgeting, and forecasting process.
- Spans from single to enterprise-level model. Office PerformancePoint Server 2007 supports simple business models to enterprise-level scenarios. The unique model-to-model mapping capabilities help the application
handle sophisticated scenarios easily.
- Extends your Microsoft investment. Users benefit from the power and familiarity of Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office SharePoint® Server 2007, as well as from the performance, scalability, and enhanced security of SQL Server.
Users gain powerful planning, budgeting, and forecasting information in real time through these key Office PerformancePoint Server 2007 features:
- Build, modify, and maintain without coding. The user-friendly design and wizards enable users to create
plans, budgets, and other business documents without the need for programming, and users can customize their plans and budgets according to how they work.
- Flexibility Create plans and budgets, and test different scenarios using top-down, bottom-up, or across-business models.
- Single view of business Easily integrate information from multiple data sources (internal and external) and multiple versions of plans and budgets into a single view for easy analysis and reporting.
- Collaborative environment Integration with Microsoft Office Excel, Microsoft Office Outlook®, and Office SharePoint Server 2007 makes it easy for users to collaborate when planning, budgeting, and forecasting.