Microsoft® Office PerformancePoint Server 2007 is an integrated performance management application that provides robust monitoring, analytics, and planning capabilities. Office PerformancePoint Server 2007 enables businesses to articulate goals, monitor business activity, identify and analyze issues, and collaborate and take action. Easily customize the scorecard view by function or role.
Monitoring with Office PerformancePoint Server 2007 Monitoring and measuring results are key components of any successful business. Office PerformancePoint Server 2007 enables business users to define and use scorecards and key performance indicators (KPIs) to drive accountability and alignment across the organization. Rich visualization and up-to-date performance dashboards and scorecards help business users align their actions with strategic goals. All users can gain insight into business drivers and collaborate more efficiently using detailed, contextual business analysis gained from structured information as well as unstructured information.
Information is delivered in the collaborative and familiar environment of Microsoft Office. Templates and wizards make it easy for business users to quickly build, manage, and share scorecards that encompass monitoring and analytic functions. Office PerformancePoint Server 2007 monitoring is certified by the Balanced Scorecard Collaborative and provides a deep and flexible model for building performance management applications.
Office PerformancePoint Server 2007 helps users:
- Align business activity across the enterprise. Businesses benefit when strategy and accountability can be
driven across business operations. Finance, operations, HR, marketing, sales, IT, and other groups can all benefit from easy-to-use scorecarding.
- Make scorecarding a part of all activities. Scorecards and KPIs reflect planning, budgeting, and forecasting changes in real time to help users understand the business drivers, challenges, and opportunities they face. Monitoring becomes a part of the regular, day-to-day management process.
- Gain deep contextual insight. Office PerformancePoint Server 2007 combines rich drilldown capabilities, personalized scorecards, reports, and analysis tools combining structured information with unstructured data. Users gain deeper insight, which can help them make better and faster business decisions.
- Enhance the partnership with IT. IT staff spend a lot of time providing business users with information. Because Office PerformancePoint Server 2007 gives business users easy-to-use functionality for setting up their own performance dashboards and scorecards, IT is freed for more critical functions such as meeting security
and compliance requirements.
Monitoring is powerful and made easy with these key features:
- Flexibility and personalization. Office PerformancePoint Server 2007 empowers users by providing a flexible development environment with extensive out-of-the-box functionality for defining and creating scorecards, making it easy to visualize strategy and drill down into reports to see lower levels of details. Office PerformancePoint Server 2007, with its user-friendly design, wizards, and familiar Microsoft Office environment, empowers all users to easily build, personalize, manage, and use scorecards. They can focus on the business, not on the tools.
- Broad use Office PerformancePoint Server 2007 scalability and high performance enable business information to be delivered to a broad number of users. Performance Dashboards and scorecards are built to address all types of usersâ€”they can be published to online and offline users.
- Active alerting Automatic alerting and notification help users monitor changes and stay aware of critical business events.
- Rich visualization Rich visualization capabilities, including Strategy Maps, accountability mapping, and Microsoft Office integration, make business information more actionable because all users better understand the context of performance. Rich visualization tools make information easy to understand.