Office PerformancePoint Server 2007 Analytics empowers business users to capture and share analytical best practices using the intuitive and collaborative environment of Microsoft Office. Simple data navigation, powerful server-based calculations, and advanced visualization are core components that help business users understand complex information faster.
Office PerformancePoint Server 2007 Analytics simplifies how people receive and interact with information. Employees create analytics that can include graphs, key performance indicators (KPIs), and data grids, and use advanced visualization functionalities (Decomposition Trees, Perspective Views, Cross drilling).
These rich visualization applications help users rapidly identify trends, opportunities, and even threats hidden within large quantities of data. Simple-to-use tools designed to meet specific user needs including thin Web clients, performance dashboards, reports, and scorecards make it possible for people throughout the organization to analyze and gain insight.
Office PerformancePoint Server 2007 provides a range of analytic benefits, helping users to:
- Quickly build and share powerful analytics. Business users often depend on IT experts to provide them the data they need to make decisions. Office PerformancePoint Server 2007 Analytics features a user friendly design, easy-to-use wizards, and advanced data visualization tools that enable business users to quickly and easily build and share analyses.
- Understand information faster and make better decisions. Office PerformancePoint Server 2007 advanced analytic
capabilities range from multidimensional â€œslice and diceâ€ to decomposition trees, drill-across, root-cause analysis, and prediction capabilities. These techniques can be deployed across the organization in the familiar environment of Microsoft Office, empowering all users to fi nd the answers they need quickly. Because Office PerformancePoint Server 2007 is fast, has more security features, and is easy to use, the broadest number of users can gain powerful insights into corporate performance.
- Built on the Microsoft Business Intelligence platform. Office PerformancePoint Server 2007 Analytics takes advantage of the enterprise-level reliability and security, high performance, and scalability of the Microsoft SQL
Serverâ„¢ 2005 Business Intelligence platform. Office PerformancePoint Server 2007 also makes broad adoption
possible by providing robust analytic insights through the familiar and easy-to-use Microsoft Office environment.
Key Features Rich analysis, a key part of performance management, is available to all Office PerformancePoint Server 2007 users through these key features:
- Ease of use Build, share, and manage analysis without coding. Users can build and combine local and server-side calculations, actions, annotations, and scorecardsâ€”as well as planning, budgeting, and forecasting KPIs and other metrics.
- Personalization and contextual analysis. Office PerformancePoint Server 2007 includes data from documents, spreadsheets, and other analyses to provide deeper context. Users can also customize analytics for the
way in which they work.
- Web-based or offline analysis. More secure access enables the right people to get the right amount of information at the right time.
- Broad-based analytics Analytics range from multidimensional views through the Microsoft Office environment to robust features like Decomposition Trees, drill-across, server business logic defi nitions, root-cause analysis, and predictive capabilities.
- Rich visualizations and annotations. Multiple scorecard options enable users to add annotations and discussion that expand and enhance the value of analyses.
- Distribution choices Analytical views can be shared and managed in SQL Server Report Manager or Microsoft Office SharePoint® Server 2007 Report Center, or distributed in PDF, HTML, or XML format. Collaboration with others through Microsoft Office Excel®, Microsoft Office Outlook®, MSN® Messenger, and Microsoft Office Live Meeting makes analysis part of the ongoing performance management process.