PerformancePoint Server 2007 is an integrated performance management application that provides robust monitoring, analytics, and planning capabilities. Office PerformancePoint Server 2007 helps businesses to articulate goals; monitor business activity; identify and analyze issues; and collaborate and take action.
These are just some of the benefits Office PerformancePoint Server 2007 provides:
- Reaches all business users When they understand how their actions affect business performance, business users throughout the organization can align their actions to support strategic business goals. Because they access and manage information via the familiar Microsoft Office environment, they can focus on business, not on software.
- Complete and integrated approach Office PerformancePoint Server 2007 takes advantage of the scalable and high-performance Microsoft SQL Server Business Intelligence (BI) platform, as well as the familiar
and easy-to-use Microsoft Office environment. Because Office PerformancePoint Server 2007 uses a fully integrated approach, it provides centralized application management, improves security and control, and extends your existing investments in Microsoft Offi ce and SQL Server. Personalized Web-based scorecards provide performance information to business users.
- Spans across the organization The model-driven approach in Office PerformancePoint Server 2007 makes it easy to create corporate-wide models for reporting, scorecards, analytics, and plans that can be used across multiple business operations. By providing synchronized models up and down the organization, all users can easily get a consistent view of organizational performance.
- Rich role-based information Office PerformancePoint Server 2007 controls access to information based on roleâ€”whether for an information worker who only needs basic performance metrics or for the business analyst who must rigorously plan, consolidate, and report on fi nancial results.
- Robust security and compliance With Office PerformancePoint Server 2007, the business sets access rights that control who can view and modify data. Powerful workflow capabilities help manage the performance management process of planning, budgeting, and forecasting while providing full audit trail and transparency in support of corporate governance.
- Enhances partnership with IT Office PerformancePoint Server 2007 handles advanced business processes (rules, logic, calculations, workflows) while making it easy for users to customize how they define, modify, and maintain their performance plans to match the way they think about their business. IT staff can focus on developing and maintaining an efficient and effective infrastructure, and on critical security and compliance needs.
- Reduces complexity for IT and for the business Office PerformancePoint Server 2007 brings together the power of Microsoft Office and the performance, scalability, and enhanced security of SQL Server, making it easy to use and less costly to deploy than traditional performance management solutions. Office PerformancePoint Server
2007 enables IT to better support corporate governance by providing full auditing capability, version control, and
reporting of the performance management process.
- Integrated BI platform Unlike many competing performance management solutions that use disparate technologies and require costly integration, lengthy training, and significant IT involvement to provide basic business information, Office PerformancePoint Server 2007 is fully integrated with the widely used and supported SQL Server BI platform for scalable and integrated information management, analysis, and reporting.